Below are five tips for rightsizing your home, getting a fresh start someplace new, or a new chapter in your current home.
- Aim for a Simpler Life. Relationships and experiences are fare more important than materials objects.Rightsizing is liberating and makes you feel in control.
- Make a Plan – Sort Rooms One at a Time. If you don’t you will be overwhelmed and freeze. Organize each space with piles of gifts, keep, repurpose/donate, and discard.
- Gift Meaningful Items to Loved Ones. Enjoy their enjoyment now rather then in the future.
- Digitize Photos and Artwork. Digital files take up much less space than physical photos. Uploading photos onto a flash drive is easiest. This way, you can plug the flash drive into your computer or digital picture frame to enjoy the photos at any time.
- Focus On Personalization and Low Maintenance.Your goal is to have a home that is low maintenance and will accommodate your long-term needs – physically and financially.